How to Get Here...
Driving: The Chimes is in the centre of Sligo town. It can be most easily located by approaching the town via the N4 dual-carriageway. Exit right, when driving from South or left when from the North onto Upper John Street, at the point when you can see the Cathedral spire. The Chimes can be first accessed by parking in the Sligo Cathedral car park and exiting via the rear exit (Down the steps). The Chimes will be directly facing you across the street. Note: There is a €3 fee to exit the Cathedral Car Park (Coin operated barrier) but this is open at times when Mass is being held. Once you have picked up your keys and found your bearings, you can use the secure parking bays at the rear of the property.
Bus or Rail: McDiarmada Station is a short walk from The Chimes (Refer to the map below), Walk to the end of Wolfe Tone Street and turn Left, cross the dual carriageway, John Street is directly ahead.
Driving Times and Distances:
- Air: Knock (Connaught) Airport - 48 Mins (55 km).
- Air: Dublin Airport - 2hrs 30mins (215km).
- Air: Belfast Airport - 2hrs 44mins (200km).
- Sea: Dublin Port - 2hrs 40mins (220km)
- Railway: McDiarmada Station (Bus and Rail): 0.2 km
- Taxi from McDiarmada Station - 5mins - €7.